Friday 14 December 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas ...

I like the build-up to Christmas.  I like dressing the tree and getting everything ready.  I just have an intense dislike of the day itself.  It's my birthday, and I loathe it.  I can't go anywhere or do anything that I'd really like to; I can't spend the day with the people I would otherwise choose to as they're usually spending the day with their families.  And even if I do spend it with other people then they are inevitably celebrating their Christmas - as they've every right to do.  (I've considered having an 'un-birthday' in the middle of the summer, but it just doesn't feel right).

But the one thing I absolutely detest more than anything else; the one thing guaranteed to wind me up ... getting a Christmas card with 'Happy Birthday' written in it!!  

Bah humbug ...


No comments:

Post a Comment