Sunday 31 March 2013

News From The Hen House III

I've been more than a bit remiss as regards keeping my blog up-to-date over the past couple of months.   Quite a bit has been going on, not least in the hen house where Amelia, Chicken Nugget has been busy sitting on an egg.  Initially, I took the first few eggs away from her but she kept stealing her sister's so I took pity on her and let her keep one to brood.  Bless her, she's been sitting on it for almost four weeks now, so I think it's fair to say that she's sitting on a unfertilized egg (Artichoke, Chicken Dinner is a cock firing blanks, it seems).

This evening, however, I got a phone call from a friend needing an emergency chicken: her son had been to see his dad today and come home with two chicken and four quail's eggs that "were not for eating".  Amelia to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment